Horror Movie Challenge
+ It must be horror.
+ It must meet the minimum of 60 minutes.
+ It must be a movie.
+ It can only be counted once.
+ You have five wild cards that you can use any way you'd like.
+ (*) Means I have seen it before.
+ (+) Means I liked/loved it.
+ (-) Means I disliked/hated it.
+ (!) Means that its so disturbing that I'll probably never watch it again but still remember it vividly forever.
And lets begin...
1. Exorcismus + nice surprise. Low expectations but interesting little tale. Oh and Doug Bradley has all of 5 minutes screen time... maybe so don't watch it for him
2. Phantoms *
3. Let Me In meh... Let The Right One In was better. There's no reason to watch both, imho
4. Valentine + decent but predictable
5. YellowBrickRoad + Just... wow. Unique, engrossing, well written, well acted with some really horrific moments. Bravo.
6. Dylan Dog: Dead of the Night + campy and fun
7. Ginger Snaps 2 *
8. Zombie Women of Satan - reminds of the craptastic movies I watched on USA at night in the late 80's/early 90's. I know what they were going for but I didn't care for it or find it funny.
9. Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) *
10. Insidious +
11. Repo! The Genetic Opera *
12. My Bloody Valentine: 3D (2009) *
13. Killer Movie + had moments of tongue and cheek but not a bad slasher flick
14. Saw: The Final Chapter + Liked the old characters returning. I loved how it ended. If you like the Saw movies, you'll like this one too.
15. Voices + Other than our main character being tstl, I really liked this. Is it wrong that I found the bad guy really hot?
16. Scream *
17. The Last Exorcism + Outstanding movie. Kudos to everyone involved, seriously. First time I can remember not minding the 'shaky cam'. LOVED IT.
18. Paranormal Witness * Wildcard
19. House of Bones + It won't be winning any awards but it wasn't a bad way to spend an evening.
20. Blood Creek + I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. It had good actors, an interesting plot, and more than enough tension to keep me on the edge of my seat. Also, zombie horses... that was new.
21. Forget Me Not + The storyline, the acting, and the gore were okay. The ghouls were creepy as shit and imho quite well done.
22. Do You Wanna Know a Secret Meh. Not bad but I kept thinking that the characters were dumb as a bag of wet hair.
23. The Abandoned I wouldn't really say that I liked this. I didn't really dislike it either. It was okay even though I kept talking to the characters, pointing out their stupidity
24. My Soul to Take +
25. Quarantine 2: The Terminal + I liked everything but the end. Just left me flat.
26. Priest Meh. I loved, LOVED, the cast and the action scenes were quite cool. I just couldn't bring myself to care about much of the plot.
27. Devil *
28. Lake Mungo - This wasn't the worst movie I've seen but it was NOT a horror movie. It was a documentary style drama with a supernatural twist. I was bored with it for nearly the whole first half and now I actually feel cheated having watched it to the end.
29. Phantasm *
30. Texas Chainsaw Massacre *
31. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 *
32. Army of Darkness*
33. Saw II *
34. Saw III *
35. Savage + Sasquatch has a hissy fit. Was nothing special but it was okay.
36. Riding the Bullet + It was pretty good. I'll be honest, I've not read the story so I don't know how faithful it was to the book.
37. Dancing with the Stars Wildcard
38. Amusement Meh There was no actual motivation for the killer's spree... oh and his official name was The Laugh. Not awful but I don't recommend it.
39. Trick 'r Treat *
40. The Crazies (2010) *
41. Scream 4 + I liked it alright but it wasn't spectacular or anything. Not my favorite of the series but a decent addition to the franchise
42. Pet Sematary *
43. The Messengers *
44. Dark Floors +
45. Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead meh
47. Salvage *
48. Hatchet *
49.Seventh Moon meh. not great but not bad either
50. The Hills Have Eyes *
51. Mirrors 2 +
52. Friday the 13th *(1980)
53. Shocker *
54. Night of the Demons *(1988)
55. Dark House +
56. 30 Days of Night: Dark Days + Not bad for a sequel.
57. Reincarnation + I never saw it coming. Nice little tale.
58. Lost Boys: The Thirst + Hooray for hot and scary vampires. It didn't take itself too seriously while still being a pretty good movie and I really appreciate that.
59. Ghost Adventures * Wildcard
60. Slaughter Night Meh. Predictable. There's foreshadowing and then there is beating you over the head with it. I figured it out within the first 40 minutes.
61. Stake Land + I was expecting something kinda campy and fun. Instead, this is gritty, bleak and quite dark.
62. Red State + Kevin Smith writes and directs a horror film about a religious cult is a cross between the WBC and the Branch Davidians that also doubles as a mini True Blood dead character reunion.
63. Scream of the Banshee meh. Standard syfy channel movie
64. Hellraiser: Deader *
65. Quicksilver Highway +
66. Piranha (1995)
67. The Three Musketeers + wildcard
68. Hatchet 2 + Uncle Bob is an asshole and wth is up with that one chick's eyebrows?
72. Fertile Ground + it was pretty good but I'm still not quite sure what was real and what wasn't.
73. Piranha (2010) +
74. Dead Tone stupidity is fatal
75. Dead Silence *
76. The Killer Shrews *
77. The Stuff *
78. The Maze + not bad
79. Feast *
October 1, 2010:
1. A Tale of Two Sisters + Outstanding movie, even if I did figure it out halfway through.
2. Final Destination *
3. The Disappeared + slow start, good story, imho didn't need the twist with the villain
4. Legend of the Bog - oh so crappy, unintentionally funny
5. The Red Shoes Meh. Had some interesting scenes but I was constantly distracted by the butt-ugly pink shoes.
October 2, 2010:
6. I Sell The Dead + not bad, not great, but good
7. The Mad + good acting, surprising considering the campiness, I laughed often and loudly
8. Dagon Meh. Pretty good for a Lovecraft story.
9. Tremors *
10. Shutter *
11. Jennifer's Body + Not Oscar material by any means but I really dug it.
12. Ghost Adventures WildCard +
13. Circle of Eight + This is one of those movies that would make more sense on your second viewing. I liked it even though I've seen this plot before.
14. Fingerprints + Not terribly original but definitely not a waste of time either.
15. The Killing Room Meh. A world of meh
16. The Echo + Not too shabby at all.
17. Tamara Meh. Reminds me alot of 'Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2. Overall a forgettable movie
18. Paranormal Activity Meh. Sometimes less is not more and the boyfriend was an absolute idiot. Oh and I love plot points that go NOWHERE.
19. Dead Friend a.k.a. The Ghost Meh. You know, it wasn't half bad until the end. Serious Whiskey Tango Foxtrot end. Like I told my mom, I don't even know what happened.
20. Don't Look Up - OMG. I can't seem to catch a decent movie this week. The only good thing was the 5 minutes that Eli Roth was in this. Utter crap.
21. Re-Cycle + Finally! I was on a complete streak of SUCK. This movie was really good. Nice suspense, awesome world building. A+ all around.
22. Destination Truth Marathon WildCard
23. Lake Dead *
24. Three... Extremes ! I don't know whether I liked this. I didn't hate it. Three tales of WTF and ew. Mostly WTF.
25. Return to the House on Haunted Hill +How did I miss this before? Decent but predictable.
26. Madhouse + What this movie lacked in budget, they made up with everything else. Decent story, acting, gore, fx. Wasn't fantastic but definitely way better than I expected.
27. Blackout Mediocre at best. Boring and predictable at worst. Don't waste your time.
28. The Signal + I don't know if it was supposed to be funny but I laughed.
29. 100 Feet + Pretty decent ghost story
30. Hammer of the Gods Werewolves vs. Vikings... Really.
31. Lake Placid 3 Meh. Pretty standard SyFy movie.
32. Sleepaway Camp *
33. Silent Hill *
34. Dead Like Me: Life After Death + I miss this show. I missed Rube, I hated the new Daisy and I still hate Reggie & George's mom.
35. The Skeleton Key *
36. In the Mouth of Madness *
37. The Gravedancers *
38. Gothika *
39. Pontypool + Nice one. Creepy atmosphere and original take on zombie stories.
40. Hatchet *
41. 28 Days Later *
42. 28 Weeks Later *
43. Vamp *
44. The Uninvited *
45. Friday the 13th *
46. Saw *
47. Saw II *
48. Night of the Living Dead *
49. The Exorcist *
50. The Ruins *
51. Never Cry Werewolf - funny as hell
52. The Darkroom + I liked it but I figured this out way earlier than I think I was supposed to
53. The Hitcher (2007) + Nice remake
54. Crazy Eights +
55. The Legend of Bloody Mary -
56. deadline. + Not terribly original but I liked it.
57. The Lost! I don't know if I liked this or not. Strange but suspenseful
58. From Within +Creepy little tale. Interesting story.
59. Ghost of Mae Nak Meh. kinda boring really. Some good death scenes though
60. April Fools Meh. Mediocre and fairly predictable.
61. Death Tunnel o_0 really?
62. Nosferatu *
63. Shadow of the Vampire *
64: White Noise *
65. White Noise 2 *
66. Doghouse + Shaun of the Deadesque. lol
67. Transylvania 6-5000 *
68. Dead Snow *
69. Cry_Wolf *
70. The Cave *
71. Beast Within a.k.a. Virus Undead + Much better than I expected
72. The Cursed Not great but the story itself wasn't half bad even if the dialogue was crappy. On a completely shallow note, the Greek actor playing the sheriff is hot.
73. Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) *
74. Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Warriors *
75. Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Master *
76. Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child *
77. The Hills Run Red + My expectations were extremely low for this one but it actually wasn't bad. Nothing that I want to run out and buy but not bad at all.
78. Case 39 + Not bad, kinda creepy if somewhat predictable
79. Jason Goes to Hell *
80. Carriers + Not your usual 'deadly pandemic' film. Dark and depressing. Worth watching but very somber.
81. Vampires: Los Muertos Redundant title aside it was very meh. Decent acting with the exception of 1 or 2 over-actors. (I'm looking at you Mr. McCrary, you can do so much better than that.)
82. All the Boys Love Mandy Lane + Why on earth this hasn't been released in the US yet is beyond me. I didn't think it was anything spectacular but pretty decent and certainly not so bad as can't be released in the US especially compared to what does get released.
83. Slither * I just love this movie
84. Timber Falls *When Hillbillies Attack! You know you're screwed when the moonshine selling, creepy guys who act like rapists are the 'good' guys.
85. Dead Silence *yeah, its campy but I can't help but like this movie
86. The Grudge 3 I am so done with this series. It wasn't the best to begin with. Talk about beating a dead horse...
87. Phantasm * Classic
88. Jeepers Creepers 2 *I love how the monster looks like the Creature from the Black Lagoon in this
89. Survival of the Dead + George Romero, other than that just another zombie movie
90. Dancing with the Stars * Wildcard
91. The Reeds +
92. The Exorcism of Emily Rose *
93. Lost Boys *
94. Lost Boys: the Tribe *
October 29. *
95. Halloween: Season of the Witch *
96. Ginger Snaps *
97. Ginger Snaps 2 *
98. Night of the Demons (2010) +
99. The Tripper +
100. Evil's City
101. Saw VI * better than the three preceding it
1. Evil Dead *
2. MoH Takashi Miike: Imprint !-
3. Supernatural 05x04 Wildcard
4. Asylum of the Damned a/k/a Hellborn -
5. Nightmare Before Christmas * What? My boys wanted to watch it.
6. The Burrowers +
7. Dead Snow +
8. The Lost Boys: The Tribe +
9. Deadgirl Meh...
10. Repo! The Genetic Opera *
11. Salvage *
12. Buffy the Vampire Slayer *
13. Nightmare Man +
14. Simon Says -
15. Quick and the Undead Meh
16. See No Evil *
17. End of Days *
18. Scream *
19. Dog Soldiers +
20. Cemetery Man +
21. Open Graves Meh
22. The Broken Meh
23. Clive Barker's Book of Blood +
24. Frontier(s) + Oh, you wacky French...
25. Silent Hill *
26. Supernatural 5x05 Wildcard
27. Rosemary's Baby *
28. White Noise *
29. White Noise 2 *
30. Secret Window *
31. Trick r Treat +
32. Halloween *
33. Wu long tian shi zhao ji gui a/k/a Kung Fu Zombie lol
34. Joy Ride *
35. Joy Ride 2 + Hello Meg, fancy seeing you here.
36. Detour Meh
37. Twilight Zone: The Movie *
38. Gui Si a/k/a Silk +
39. Thir13en Ghosts *
40. 1408 +
41. Nightmare on Elm Street *
42. Saw *
43. Saw II *
44. Saw III *
45. The Haunting *
46. Black Sheep + lol
47. Supernatural 05x06 Wildcard
48. Drag Me To Hell Meh
49. Nosferatu *
50. Shadow of the Vampire *
51. Last Woman on Earth Meh
52. The Brain that Wouldn't Die *
53. The House on Haunted Hill *
54. The Bat *
55. The Tingler *
56. The Killer Shrews omg lol
57. Frankenstein *
58. Dracula (1931) *
59. Dracula (1992) *
60. Bride of Frankenstein *
61. Pumpkinhead *
62. Demon Hunter *
63. The Ghouls + lol
64. Let The Right One In *
65. I Know What You Did Last Summer *
66. R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: Don't Think About It The boys picked this one out for me :) +
67. Children of the Corn Not bad for a remake. Meh
68. Lost Colony a/k/a The Wraiths of Roanoke - They could've done so much better.
69. Boogeyman *
70. Shocker *
71. Boogeyman 2 +
72. Splinter Meh
73. Headspace Meh
74. Ghost Town +
75. Bird Flu Horror - worst acting EVER, even worse than Detour
76. Wolf *
77. Vamp *
78. The Children *
79. One Body Too Many *
80. The Monster Maker *
81. Midnight Meat Train *
82. Tooth and Nail *
83. Friday the 13th *
84. Boogeyman 3 +
85. House of the Dead *
86. Jason Goes to Hell *
87. 28 Days Later *
88. 30 Days of Night *
89. Scream 2009 Awards Wildcard
90. Night of the Living Dead *
91. Skeleton Key *
92. Bottom Feeder Meh
93. Final Destination 2 *
94. Shaun of the Dead *
95. My Bloody Valentine: 3D *
96. The Locker Meh
97. Slither *
98. Destination Truth: 03x08 Wildcard +
99. House of the Dead 2 +
100. 28 Weeks Later +
101. Jeepers Creepers *
100 Horror Movies in October
Horror Movie Challenge